Sunday, April 5th, 2020
Get this email from a friend? Subscribe to our mailing list here
I’m Bryan Fine, MD, MPH, CEO & Founder of Percentric. Our weekend round up includes the most important and popular stories from the past week, along with our team’s favorite stories that made us smile recently. Please share with your friends and family.
1. COVID-19: Top stories of the week
- If you do nothing else today, watch THIS VIDEO– Meet David Price, MD, from Cornell in NYC – hottest of hot spots in the US – doing a one hour Q&A. Will change a lot for you.
- CDC Recommends using cloth face masks in public -see here for FAQs
- Tips for grocery shopping and take out foods– Check out this video from Dr. Jeffrey VanWingen, MD, for a run down of suggestions to get your groceries and your take out into your home- and belly- safely.
- Evolving Understanding of COVID-19- This article in Women’s Health describes subtle symptoms that could be indicative of novel coronavirus infection.
2. COVID- 19: Social distancing and flattening the curve
- On March 29th President Trump extended the national social distancing guidelines through April 30th and on March 30th Governor Northam has issued a stay-at-home order until June 10th.
- These measures help flatten the curve. See this report to find out how well your city and state are staying home, based on cellphone location data.
- See here for the latest COVID-19 map and case count with forward projections
- See here for ongoing COVID-19 coverage from the CDC
3. Percentric News
- Find out a little more about us thanks to Stephanie Harris at WAVY-10
- We’re giving away access to our doctor-by-text software platform, PercyMD, to individual providers so they can easily help – patients, friends, family, whoever – during this time of need. Email me.
4. Good News: Helping you smile
- “Some Good News” with John Krasinski -a heartwarming round up of good news from around the globe.
- A tiny picnic table for squirrels? Yes, please!
- Got kids? Take them on a bear hunt.
- See these hilarious working from home and working from home with a partner tweets of the week.
5. Helpful links from the week
- Find out who still has some basic supplies here.
- Useful tips for teleworking with kids at home to help keep you sane.
- A round up of at-home exercises you can do without any special equipment, organized by type of exercise or fitness level.
Stay safe, smart, and sane.
Have a question that isn’t a specific health concern, but you’d like a doctor’s opinion? Have a request for a topic you’d like our e-newsletter to cover? Click here to submit questions and requests.
Check out my vitals at LinkedIn.
Percentric, 253 Monticello Ave, Norfolk, VA 23510, USA, 757-818-8020