Not everyone is in health care and knows how to wear a mask and gloves properly, or what cross contamination is. We’ve pulled together various resources to help you learn on the fly how to fake it till you make it!
Wearing masks & gloves:
- The CDC recommends using cloth face masks in public
- See here for face mask FAQs
- Check out this short video on the proper way to wear a mask without contaminating yourself
- Let this no-nonsense nurse explain cross contamination and give step by step instructions on using gloves correctly to grocery shop. We could pick the technical, newsworthy video, but this one will make you laugh while you learn.
Avoiding bringing germs into your home:
- Dr. Jeffrey VanWingen, MD, a Family Medicine Doctor, released several videos explaining “sterile technique” and how those general principles can help you bring food and items into your home in the cleanest way possible.
- See this video for a run down of suggestions to get your groceries and your take out into your home- and belly- safely.
- See this video for suggestions to safely get your packages, mail, and delivery food inside